April Fool’s Jokes For KIDS!!
- Tape the light switch so they can’t flip it. For younger kids, used colored tape. For older kids, clear tape molded to the shape of the switch is best. Make them wonder why the light is not moving!
- Decorate a sponge as a piece of cake, with this idea from Instructables. Coat a sponge with icing, and let it sit out on the counter. See if your kiddos can resist taking a bite.
- Have a note appear in the toilet paper, with this fun prank from Instructables! As they pull on the roll, the message pulls out, toward them. You need tape, toilet paper, and an unknowing participant.
- A little scare never hurts… Dig out the old baby monitor, keep the “baby” side with you, and put the adult one where your kids are. As they do something innocuous, shriek at them, “Someone’s watching!”
- Make these meatloaf cupcake muffins from Courtney’s Sweets. They will look like delicious cupcakes, so the kids will think they are getting dinner for dessert! (Maybe have a few actual cupcakes waiting in the wings for dessert).
- Short sheet your kids’ beds! My grandmother did this to me once, when I was growing up. I climbed into bed, and only had a foot or two of sheets. I re-made my bed, laughing the entire time