Bridging The Gap Program ~ HRM offering paid internships
The Halifax Regional Municipality is seeking applicants for 14 paid internships as part of its Bridging the Gap program.
The Bridging the Gap program has offered over 100 graduates up to 18 months of paid internships with various business units of the municipality since 2013.
The program is designed to provide recent graduates opportunities to work in a municipal government structure, with exposure to government policy, program operations, administration and finance. Interns gain experience in their field and increase their chances of finding future employment in Nova Scotia.
The municipality is hiring interns for the following positions:
• Policy Analyst – Halifax Regional Police
• Data Science Coop Analyst – Finance & Asset Management
• Planning & Performance Analyst Intern – Finance & Asset Management
• African Nova Scotian Cultural Heritage Intern – Planning & Development
• GIS Planning Intern – Planning & Development
• Grants Policy Intern – Finance & Asset Management
• Training Development Intern – Legal & Legislative Services
• Halifax Regional Fire & Emergency Volunteer Sector Outreach Intern – Fire & Emergency
• Diversity & Inclusion Policy and Research Intern – Chief Administrative Office
• GIS Asset Specialist Intern – Parks & Recreation
• Fire & Emergency Quality Improvement Intern – Fire & Emergency
• Transportation Communications & Engagement Intern – Planning & Development
• Outreach Intern – Halifax Transit
• Active Transportation Planning Intern Product and Process Development – Transportation & Public Works
In order to be eligible for the program, candidates must:
• Have post-secondary education from a recognized university or community college
• Have graduated within 24 months
• Be legally entitled to work in Canada for the length of the term
• Meet the minimum qualifications of the position